Satin White Pearl Special Effect Colors are common on today’s modern vehicles. These Tri-Coat colors are usually white cars that have a metallic appearance. You may see by looking at the paint chip above that the paint surface has a very fine sparkle or texture special effect. In the sun especially this can be seen clearly, with all the different light shades the color appearing slightly different according to the paint pearl that’s within the color. For example in direct sunlight the white color may look light and bright with and individual color pearl shade like blue appearing on contrasting body panel edges. When the color is in the shade it may look off white without the pearl effect being noticeable. Special effect tri-caot paint is a common type of exotic paint used typically on luxury cars This type of O.E.M factory colour requires two layers to make the colour exactly match, one cannot work with out the other.
Also See All Other Car Repair Manuals. Also See What To Order. Also See Search Color Information. Also See What Paint Type Do I Have. Also See Find Paint Color Charts. Also See Touch Up Paint Products. Also See Repair Video Library
1) Plastic Primer – This is an essential paint layer when repairing paint scratches that have completely been removed from plastic parts such as your bumper bar. The plastic primer is formulated to a clear one coat thin application which will give the perfect paint build when repairing or refinishing a plastic part like bumper bars. The general rule of thumb is that if permanent repairs are required then adhesion promoter is a must. Note: Failing to apply the adhesion promoter will surely eventually lead to paint repair failure in the long term decreasing the value of your car and other poorly repaired items.
2) Metal Primer – Also know as the electrostatic coating the manufacturer applies before painting. This surface is a durable solution that protects, coats and seals the entire metal car body completing the finishing of top coat color layers for Tri-Coat paint.
3) Color Paint Shade 1 – This Tri-Coat Paint Color layer is particularly important. Without this paint layer, when doing a paint touch up repair it is near impossible to complete satisfactorily if the damaged area has the paint scratched down to the bare metal or bare plastic. This shade1 color has full body pigment and will give the repair the under ground color coat that should be similar to the cars body color.
4) Color Paint Shade 2 – The final color Tri-Coat Paint Color that is seen on your car is designed to give an appealing look to the prospective owners. The shade 2 color is usually a transparent solution that has a pearl and/or xirallic pigment that makes the color ever so appealing and great looking.
5) Clear Gloss – This Final Clear Paint layer plays a very important part of the finishing paint layers on your car. This Clear Solution Gives your cars paint the final look, which is a high glossy appearances which gives metallic paints a great depth and a bright look. Some often say the toffee look. This layer of paint solution has a very important role in preserving the paint color.
Special Effect Tri-Coat Satin Metallic Paint is porous and if the gloss is not applied over the top you would surely find rust starting to eventually appear. The clear gloss is not porous and is designed to lock out moisture and protect the true color from damaging UV sunlight. The clear coat should give you the exact match color to the tri-coat, so buy exact matched color in the first place. You Cannot get the exact match color without applying the clear to tri-coat satin colors.